Tag: Iolani Palace
The Kanaina Building is the old Archives Building and was built in 1906. It was the first building in the U.S. erected solely for the custody and preservation of public archive materials. It was restored in 1987 and now houses the administrative offices of The Friends of Iolani Palace.
The lolani Bandstand was erected in front of the lolani Palace in 1883 as a pavilion for the coronation of King Kalakaua. The bandstand, also known as Keliiponi Hale, was first built directly in front of the King Street entrance to the Palace as the shelter for the coronation of both King Kalakaua and Queen …
iolani palace honolulu hawaii royal hawaiian residence history capitol ruling monarch kingdom king kalakaua queen liliuokalani 1893 government monarchy architecture history construction american florentine address tours location lawn band tour visit map floor national register historic landmark david county city royalty grand hall throne room state dining music imprisonment bedroom library